IU Foundation was originally named Inter-United Soccer Club (IUS) and was founded in 1997 by Jim and Jennie Powell in the city of Apopka, FL.
IUS provided organized soccer teams and leagues to their local community and started with 50 members. After 10 years of service, the club had grown to over 1000 members and boasted some of the best boys and girls teams in the State of Florida.
IUS partnered with Springs Community Church and received a grant from the Field of Dreams program of Orange County to help develop soccer fields on the church property.
IUS partnered with Challenge Sports to host a 3v3 tournament. To date, IUS now hosts a total of 4 annual 3v3 tournaments which draw thousands of people into the city of Apopka to compete. (See IU Soccer for details)
IUS merged with Orlando United Soccer Club which extended it’s boundaries into Central Florida.
IUS partnered with the Pine Hills Boys Club and the West Orange Rotary to begin a program which introduces soccer to the inner city kids of Orlando.
IUS hosted 8 Chinese Students from Honghe University in China for 3 weeks.
IUS merged its competitive soccer teams and leagues with a neighbor club named Orange County Soccer Club to form The Florida Rush.
The Inter-United Foundation now continues on as a non profit organization 501 c 3 committed to its mission statement of creating friendships through the love of music and soccer in its community and around the world.